Saturday, June 2, 2007

The hardest first step

Planning. I'd been really interested in planning. Like when I was still in college and was assigned to be the project leader of conceptualizing a marketing campaign for a product that caters with the senior market. And we got a very good grade after the presentation for that AdPrac group project. That time, I felt really proud. Once again, I have proven not only to my professor and classmates but especially to myself that I can be an effective leader.

And that was a few years back.

Now, I'm planning again. Not for a marketing campaign, not for an AdPrac project, not even for brand collaterals. Right now, I am planning for myself. Yes, you read it right. Cause unlike before, currently, I'm not sure where’s my career path is really going to.

To give you an idea, I have a stable job. Earning compensation that is more than enough to sustain the rent, other monthly bills, fine dining, weekend movies and a big investment. I am currently employed in one of the top companies here. If you're going to look at it, there's nothing I could really ask for more. That is, if you are going to just look on the practical side.

But why am I still not that at ease with my current situation?

Good question.

Here's the reason why. Because I have forgotten that I am a planner. To be honest, that planner has always been inside of me. That drive to create campaigns, that eagerness to make effective catch lines, those brainstormings and brilliant ideas, that person who was once a leader. It never leaves me. It just happened that I don't have opportunities right now. Enough ways to show this side of me. Enough chance to prove my worth.

Or do I just limit myself? Maybe... But why?

Thinking about it, I realized that if that chance will not be given to me, I think I better find it myself. If those opportunities are really difficult for me to have, I will make my own opportunity. And this search should start right now.

This will be my gameplan. For my goals. For my life. A search for my forgotten self.

This blog will start the blueprint of my plans. The planner will be revived. Goals will be realized soon.

And it will all begin with the hardest first step.

It is, collecting my old self.

No comments: