Monday, March 24, 2008

Must Watch: I Am Legend's Original Ending



oh my.. if only "i am legend" became more loyal with the concept of Richard Matheson's book, i think i will make it as my "favorite movie of the year"..

please see this site and video for you to see why.. ^_^

-------------------------------

Source: SlashFilm
by Alex Billington

Today I've got to break some rules. We normally never ever talk about anything related to DVD, but this time this is too amazing to pass up. And all in the same, I'm putting a theatrical spin on it, so let's just get to it. Last December when I Am Legend hit theaters, one of the biggest complains I heard was that the ending was completely changed from the book and in turn the entire "legend" concept that Richard Matheson originally wrote was never actually seen. The DVD is arriving in a few weeks and Francis Lawrence's original ending that was made is included on it. Thankfully we've grabbed the new version for you viewing pleasure below. And to say it simply - you NEED to watch this.

You've been warned - everything from this point forward contains spoilers. Proceed at your own risk!

I actually really loved I Am Legend quite a damn bit. I think I saw it around three times in theaters and loved it more each time. Up until the point where Alice Braga's character appeared, I was enjoying it so much that I was considering making a spot for it on my best of 2007 list. However, by the end, I wasn't as sure. The scene at the end where the vampire creatures break into Robert Neville's lab is intense and amazing, and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't how it should have played out. This ending below is what we should have seen.

please visit link here to see the complete article and video : http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/05/must-watch-i-am-legends-original-ending-this-is-amazing/

No comments: